- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 envelopes gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cups white corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, thoroughly dissolve and bloom gelatin in the cold water.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt and water. Bring to a boil, wash down the sides of the pan and cook to 238F. Remove pan from the heat and allow syrup to cool for several minutes, until the temperature drops to 210F.
- Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch pan with a piece of plastic wrap and spray with non-stick cooking spray under the wrap and on top of the wrap.
- When the syrup is cooled, pour into the gelatin, stir to combine, then whip at high speed until fluffy and thick, about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla extract
- Grease a rubber spatula and transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Cover with a layer of powdered sugar/cornstarch mixture. Allow to cure for several hours.
- Brush off the powdered sugar/cornstarch, and cut marshmallows with scissors or pizza wheel into 1 inch by 1 inch squares. Roll in remaining powdered sugar/constarch mixture.
We dip these in dark chocolate for sale at Harbourtown Fudge.