Lavender Lemon Shortbread
- 1/4 lb (125 g) butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried lavender flower buds slightly ground
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- Beat butter, sugar, salt, lavender and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and beat until a soft dough results. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 4" (10 cm) diameter log and wrap in a sheet of parchment paper. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C). Slice log into 1/4" (0.6 cm) thick slices and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until lightly golden at edges.
All foods fit into a healthy diet. Moderation is the key!
Tips: Make Ahead: Cookie dough log can be frozen for up to 1 month. Thaw slightly before slicing. Baked shortbread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.